Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My lost friend

I wasn't going to post about this but sometimes it helps with the grieving process. I am shattered atm as my beloved pet dog of 15 years passed away with congestive heart failure nearly 3 days ago. Bridie was my baby and went everywhere with me on my travels, house moves, and in life. She was a gentle natured dog who loved nothing more than to be around people and being loved which she was, deeply. She loved her walks, the beach, her food and company and will be missed forever. Its heartbreaking to go through losing a loved one whether it be a pet or human and this is the first time I have had to go through this. We buried her in the back garden in a peaceful corner that she liked to lay in sometimes in the hotter weather. Something I found on the internet today is this...

When you're close to an animal, the mourning process is the same as it is when you lose a human companion. Don't let anyone tell you your grief isn't real or is somehow trivial because you lost a dog rather than a human friend.


The last summer with Bridie where she enjoyed "pool therapy" to ease her athritis and where we had the chance to have some quality time together.


RIP Bridie, you will be in my heart forever xxxx

3 comments:

Desiree Debruyere said...

My condolences. I lost my beloved dog Nick many years ago when he was only 7 years old. I had to put him down due to a degenerative spinal condition. Saddest thing I've ever had to do. And you are absolutely right - you have every right to grieve for Bridle. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

i have lost pets so i know how you feel..:( hugs

Nikki said...

Thankyou so much for you kind words, I am heartbroken and each day is still raw but kind words help alot. Thankyou xxx